Friday, May 3, 2013
Welcome to the new website!
Hello Boone Street friends and supporters, and welcome to our new website!
I hope you enjoy the new format, and don't forget to follow us on Facebook for additional event postings, photos, interesting links, and more. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive announcements and RSVP to come and volunteer. We would love to have you!
For our first post, we thought we would share a few photos that show what we have been up to since Cheryl and Aliza first sat down in the winter of 2010 to apply for our first CGRN grant to get us off the ground.
1. As you can see in the top photo, we have been building the soil! Our soil has been tested and has no contaminants, and we have been in the process of building better soil structure and better microbial life in the soil, as well as battling the terrible bermudagrass.
2. Below: thank you to all of the volunteers who have helped us over the years! You know who you are, and we can't thank you enough.
3. Participating in events such as Artscape, local church festivals, and the Urban Farm & Food Fair in 2011 and 2012
4. Hiring Baltimore City students through programs like Baltimore YouthWorks and Americorps
4. Creating value-added products such as okra pickles, pickled peppers, and canned tomato sauces and relishes
5. Building biodiversity in an urban environment!
6. Working with neighborhood kids and building our free community gardeners for neighbors
Please check out the rest of our website for more details, and don't forget to check out our Facebook page for extra photos and posts. Thanks for reading, and hope to see you at the garden!